(To view comments or to comment please scroll down to the bottom of the post you wish to comment on, and click comments. You can use an existing account or select a custom name of your own choosing, by using the menu once you are ready to post a comment. Select name from the menu then chose a name of your choice. All comments are welcome.) Dont forget to click followers at the right as no self proclaimed mad genius satirical super hero is complete without followers. Thanks!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A New Way of Thinking is Emerging!

Sometimes, I dont feel like I even speak the same language as people anymore. Nowadays, whenever I try to talk to a person off the street about an analogy I see between life and a work of fiction, they just kind of look at me and grunt, "huh?"

Whats going on? Is it just me, or is there some kind of systemic breakdown of complex thought that a superhero such as myself needs to uncover.

According to, the Jenkins Group, 80 percent of families in the United States did not buy a single book last year.  By the time people graduate from college, 42 percent of them will not even bother to read another book!

(Source:http://www.humorwriters.org/startlingstats.html)

I am finding more and more, I have to truncate my words and my thoughts just to get through to people. Especially the average person on the streets. I can only imagine this will get worse as people spend more and more time on Facebook, Twitter, and thinking and words in communications are necessarily simplified into one-liners, to match the new forms of media. These new forms of media require it.

The bad thing is that complex thoughts, and reasoning and logic itself really need paragraphs, not just sentences. Not just quips like, 'wher u at', 'wat u doin,' 'chillin,'   text-message style chit chat that many people engage in nowadays. For better or worse, a new form of thinking is emerging. When our words change our brains change right along with them as our words are just representations of whats going on in our brain states and brain cells, and vice versa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment